The following precautions should always be observed
- Parent or adult supervision is a must during the entire course of experimentation
- Follow the instructions and safety advice in the manuals thoroughly during the experimentation
- Do not discard the manuals as they will be needed for future reference.
- All the parts must be kept away from children who are younger than the prescribed age.
- Handle any objects with sharp points or edges, or that may break to yield sharp points or edges with great caution
- No part should be swallowed any time
- Wash hands after experimentation
- Chemistry sets, and sets with electrical components have additional safety precautions, instructions, and advice on the packaging and in the manuals that must be followed.